JEE MAIN 2018: Student’s Reaction Across the CountryApril 9, 2018
Prime Minister Modi’s Mantras to De-Stress Before ExamApril 11, 2018
JEE Advanced 2018- New Format
JEE Advanced 2018 is scheduled to be held on May 20. This year Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur is all set to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination(JEE). Last year the paper was held both in offline and online mode but this year the format has been changed. The exam will only be conducted online or we can say Computer-based Test (CBT) mode.
IIT- Kanpur, the exam conducting authority has decided to include short answer type questions along with the existing Marked Correct Questions (MCQs). Till last year the question only consists of MCQs with single correct answers or multiple.
JEE MAINs was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education on 8th of April. About 12 lac students around the globe have given the exam. Out of which only 2.2 lac will be eligible to give the JEE Advanced- an single gateway to the premier engineering institutes in the country, the IITs.
Now, Lets take a look on some of the Important Details of the JEE Advanced that the appearing candidates should take care of-
- The examination consists of two papers – Part 1 and Part 2.
- The duration of each paper is of three hours.
- Paper 1 will be held between 9 am to 12 pm.
- Paper 2 will start from 2 pm and end at 5 pm.
- The on-screen computer clock counter of every candidate will be set at the server. The countdown timer in the top right side of a computer screen will display the time remaining (in minutes) available for the candidate to complete the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by itself. Candidate will not be required to end or submit the examination.
JEE Advanced 2018 question paper format:
- Each question paper will consist of three separate sections, viz., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The question papers will consist of MCQs and short answer type questions to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of aspirants.
- Negative marks may be awarded for incorrect answers of some of the questions. Details of the marking scheme will be provided in the “Instructions to Candidates” section at the time of examination.
- Candidates should thoroughly go through the detailed instructions given in the question papers available at the time of examination.
- The question papers will be in English and Hindi languages. The candidates will have the option to choose (and also switch between) the preferred language anytime during the examination.
Rules And Regulations for JEE Advanced 2018
- Candidates are allowed to enter the examination center and occupy their seats at least 30-40 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates can log in to their systems and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before the test begins.
- Candidates are requested to enter the examination center prior to time mentioned for the exam as they will not be allowed to enter the hall in case the time limit exceeds.
- No candidate has the permission to leave the hall before the test ends. All candidates will departure at the same time.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any notebook or paper of their own.
- Students will provided with sheets to do their rough work, these sheets need to be submitted before leaving the center.
- Before entering the examination hall students must ensure that they have thoroughly read all the guidelines on the official site of JEE. A brief knowledge about the dos and don’ts during the examination should be known to every student appearing for the exam.